After you receive your second dose of the vaccine, please continue to wear a mask and keep 6 feet of distance from those you don’t live with. We know the COVID-19 vaccine is safe and will greatly decrease your risk of getting infected. But the vaccine does not provide 100% protection, and we don’t yet know if vaccinated people can spread the virus. Thank you for getting vaccinated and continuing to keep our communities safe by taking all COVID-19 precautions.
Reminders about the COVID-19 vaccines:
- You need two vaccine doses to be protected against COVID-19. You should get your second dose within 3-4 weeks of your first dose.
- Protection from vaccine is not immediate. You are fully vaccinated two weeks after getting your second dose.
- No vaccine is 100% effective. The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective, but you could still get sick or spread the virus to others.
- The safest action is to continue to follow all COVID-19 precautions such as:
- Wear a mask that fits snugly and covers your nose and mouth
- Keep at least 6 feet of distance from those who you don’t live with
- Avoid crowds
- Wash hands often
- If you are in contact with someone with COVID-19, please get tested and stay isolated until you receive your test result.