In addition to steps you can take to prevent the spread of flu and the common cold, the following actions will help prevent coronavirus:
- Always wear a face covering like a fabric mask or bandana when you go out in public, including to work or the grocery store. For more information on how to make your own mask, please see Facial Coverings page.
- Practice physical distancing by staying 6 feet away from those around you when you are in public, including when you are at the grocery store, at the park, or at the doctor’s office. Respect the social distancing needs of others at all times.
- Avoid gatherings, including family gatherings, that include people from outside your household.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer with more than 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.